Thursday, June 19, 2008

Making cookies

So this morning, Kambria decided she wanted to wake up at 4:30am!! I was not too happy with that!! She whined for milk and her binky and anything she could think of. She would lay down for abut 15 minutes and then decide to whine for something new. So she stayed in her play pen until 6 when she finally would not stop crying so I decided to let her come in bed with us. She climbed all over Bryan and when he finally got up at 6:45 she went and watched sesame street so I could rest for another 15 minutes. I tried to keep my patience all morning long...I don't think I did too bad of a job...But by 9:30 I was almost at my whits end...so it was BATH TIME!!!!

So I let Kambria have a bath with bubbles. She LOVES baths, but loves baths with bubbles even more! She was content just playing with her toys, which happen to be beach toys, and the bubbles. I finished doing dishes and did some laundry while she played in the tub. Now mind you our bathroom is right by the kitchen and "laundry." So I just leave the door open but can hear EVERYTHING she is doing...so don't think I just leave her there without supervision...that would be DUMB!

So after I started the dishwasher I peeked at her and found this...

She was just playing with the bubbles with this on her head like it was the normal thing to do! I couldn't resist taking a picture!!

Then after she had a little rest for about an hour I woke her up and we made cookies together. It is coming down to the last week we are here in Chicago and we want to use up as much food as we can. So I decided to try and use up the flour and sugar etc...and what better way than chocolate chip cookies!

So Kambria helped me all along the way, and was pretty good at it too...

Here she is helping mix the dough in the bowl...

And of course she knows all about "tasting" the dough to make sure it is good... And then she has to watch the cookies bake...
And then taste the final product at the end! What a great little baker!!!

So we had a great day after a rough morning! Chocolate comes through again!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is getting so big. I love reading all of the updates :)

Kristy said...

Those cookies look so good. I can't believe you're almost done in Chicago. That went by fast (for me at least). Kambria is such a cutie and looks more like you all the time.

Chele said...

i cant believe that you are already almost done. are you going back to denver or have ou guys decided yet. let me know so i can keep tabs on you. how is your pregnancy going. I hope all is well. I love all the pictures that are on your blog.

Debra said...

Hey Eliza! I found your page through the Cowans, hope you dont mind I added you to mine! I hope you guys have a great trip back to Denver, it was nice having you in the ward for a littl bit! I'll miss my CO connection!