Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Its a small world

This is the Denver temple.

So today was our "day in heaven" day at the temple. Once a year, I think if not more, our stake does a day in heaven, where people go throughout the day and do as much temple work as they can. So Bryan and I worked it out with two other couples from the stake to switch off babysitting. We went this morning and they will go later tonight. So we dropped Kambria off at Tammy's house this morning at 9 am. We were a little nervous dropping her off, due to the fact that the last time we did that with our other friend Tamie, she was a little nervous and she ended up staying there for only an hour...well Kambria did fine. She even had a nap and played with Caden quite nicely according to Tammy. I am so proud she did so well! I should have moreconfidence in my little girl!


But back to the title of the post...Just as we were leaving the temple our stake president stopped us to say hi. We chatted for a little bit and he asked what our plans are now. So Bryan told him how he started school for Northwestern on Monday and how we will be moving to Chicago in April sometime. He was thrilled for us because that was his Alma mater school!!! And then he goes on to say that the stake president out there is a friend of his that he knew back in deacons quorum when he was 12!!! Can you believe it?! He said he could give him a call and let him know we are coming! It was amazing to both Bryan and I that both of these friends are now stake presidents and they are still friends! I love it! I can only imagine who will be a stake president one day from Bryan's or my friends...that would be pretty cool to say I knew you when...And then on top of that, that we are being looked out for again! The church is so great!!! It just makes you feel like you belong no matter where you go! What a small world it truly is!

4 comments:

Jackie B. said...

There are very few people i am still in tough with since i was 12. I can think of 2 currently. LOL.

Maybe his friend could hook you up with some free house sitting for a couple going on a mission or something. Wouldn't that be great?!

We NEED to get to the temple more. i'm so glad they are building one in Twin Falls!

Jackie B. said...

not tough...touch.

and actually i guess there is more then 2 people i am still in touch with since the age of 12. The church is a wonderful way in staying close to people.

valumama said...

I love that picture of the temple, it looks so pretty!
The General Authority who came and spoke to us for Stake Conference talked about "God's Autograph" basically, that when he has personally signed his "I love you my child, and I am always watching out for your well being" Sounds like HE has personally signed several of your decisions lately, SO COOL!!!
How is school going?

child family blog said...

Oh I am so glad you found us too! It looks like you guys are doing well! Were are you living. If you live close to fort Collins we need to get together! I miss you guys!