Thursday, December 06, 2007

December 6

We went to the temple last night for our stake temple night and I was so glad I did. I was having feelings of not wanting to go...but if course my loving husband told me that we needed to go and so we did. It was good for me. I reflected on my life and had some wonderful conversations with my husband. It is SO nice to have a live in babysitter...my mother. Although the reason she did not go to the temple was because she was not feeling well, but she offered to watch Kambria for us so we could go. How sweet is that!? Thanks mom!

There also was a wonderful nativity scene in front of the temple that Bryan and I thought was very sweet. it truly reminded me what this season is celebrating...Christ! And what better way than being at the temple! I knew I was supposed to go for some reason.

So with this ever increasing retail holiday...please let us remember the TRUE meaning for celebration! I have so much to be thankful and grateful for...so here are a few.

1. My husband, who so ever sweetly and softly reminds me of things I should be doing!
2. My daughter Kambria, even with all her energy and opinion! I truly m thankful for her health and for the things she teaches me on a daily basis.
3. My family. This has become quite apparent the last 1o months. I truly do not know what we would have done without them...that includes EVERYONE...Tess, Brady and nelson too. It has been fun living with Brady and Tess again and the little things we have been able to do together. i know that all of us are ready for things to move on in a way, but i will miss it when it is gone!
4. My in laws. They are a great family who has accepted me for who I am...I am so glad that I have a great relationship with my mother in law and for all of her help and advice. This means a lot to me
5. For my health. i can not imagine what it wold be like to be sick on a constant basis. I REALLY am glad for feeling good enough to get up in the mornings, and to do the things that I want to do...maybe one day I will even WANT to exercise, when right now it is a have to thing rather than want to.
6. For water. I know this sounds weird, but think about it. Water is what makes life possible. I heard somewhere that the reason we are supposed to have 72 hour kits and not 48 hour kits is that it takes 72 hours for rescue teams to get water in to the damaged area...I thought that was interesting. Water is one of those things that makes you that much more grateful when you don't have it!
7. For the truthfulness of the gospel. I am so thankful that I have this in my life and for the opportunity that I have to live it. I really do not know where I would be in my life without it and do not even want to think about what would be happening in my life...lets just say I have seen many people without the truth and where it got them...glad I am not one of them.
8. Friends. I make friends easily, but it seems like lately that I have not kept up on some friendships that mean a lot to me. For those of you who feel this way I apologize. I truly am thankful for the experiences in my life that have lead me to people whom I trust, love and admire. I am thankful also for the friends that I have lost contact with and then we go back to right where we left off, no matter how much time we have gone without seeing or talking to each other. I love friendship...especially good ones!
9. My heritage. This is one thing that I have not thought about lately, but have come to realize that it is what makes me me. I have a lot of backgrounds that make me who I am, but most of all I claim German, mostly because of my maiden name. It is a joy to know somewhat of your heritage and I have enjoyed when I get time to learn about mine...although genealogy is not a strong point of mine.
10. I am graeftul for technology. I think about my ancestors and the things they had to endure...I am so grateful I did not have to endure them! I love being indoors when it is cold outside and not having to wake up early to milk cows or feed horses!

So those are my thoughts for the day. Remember Christ in Christmas!

2 comments:

Jackie B. said...

Love You Eliza Jane! :)

Kristy said...

You are such an inspiration! I love you!