Monday, December 10, 2007

KIDS!!! AGH

So here I sit this morning in a BAD mood. Last night was NOT a fun night once we went down to our bedroom to go to bed. Kambria woke up and Bryan and I decided that we were teaching her bad lessons by letting her come into bed with us. So we let her scream!!! For 45 minutes she screamed!!! And then FINALLY fell asleep, even without her binky. That was quite a surprise to me that she actually feel asleep after all that screaming, you would have thought she was hurt or deathly scared. But she did fall asleep, only to toss and turn for the next 15 minutes. But then she woke up several times and since I did not want to go through the screaming bit again, I went and gave her her binky. This happened about 5 times.
Then I figured she would sleep in a little bit since she did not fall asleep until almost midnight...NOPE I was wrong...7:00am she awoke...so I tried to get her to just rest with us in bed...no she climbed all over Bryan and I for an hour until she started throwing a fit and so I took her up stairs for breakfast...This day is NOT starting out well.

I hope it turns into a better one. Hopefully she will cooperate a little bit and just leave me alone this morning. Is this normal behavior for Kambria and me? I sure hope so and that I am not just a crazy annoyed mother!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I hope your day turns out better! Nights like that have to be hard but if you keep bringing her to bed you will soon be sharing your bed with a five year old!

valumama said...

I agree. It is better to break the habit now! If you give in once the screaming next time will be even longer, she is holding out for the weak point from then on... It is hard, but worth it!
I hope you all get to take nice long naps today!
Valarie

Sarah and Nate said...

Aren't kids so much fun? You guys are totally normal! I also agree, it is better to break the habit now, even if it is hard for a few days. She'll get used to her new haibts before you know it. Good luck!

Jensen Family said...

I hope your day gets better! I myself have had many nights like that! It is good to break her of that habit while she is young! It will get better!

Heather said...

Ditto.... isn't it crappy that parenting is SO MUCH DANG WORK????