Wednesday, October 01, 2008

co springs balloon festival

So in all the quick decisions and quick moving we did in the beginning of Sept., I forgot to post our trip to Colorado Springs to watch Hot air balloons. It was over Labor day weekend. They had them going up all weekend, but we just went on monday.

We left around 5:30am to drive down there so we could see the balloons take off at 7am. We took Kambria and Weston and my sister Tess decided to come with us too. Bless her heart, she sat crunched between the two car seats for an hour and a half.
When we got there, Weston was hungry of course so the rest of them walked to the park while I tried to feed Weston in the car. I then came later, but thank goodness they had not let the balloons go yet due to the little wind they had. So I got to enjoy it as well.

We stayed there for about 2 hours and got a funnel cake to share. Boy was it good.
Then we decided to get back in the car and drive to the park called Garden of the Gods. It is a park where red rocks jut out of the earth. We only had to drive about 10 minutes. We walked around and then eventually ate lunch there. It was a good afternoon with good company! I enjoyed having my sister ere with us, since she left for Idaho a couple days later!





One thing I forgot to mention was that Kambria was VERY upset when the balloons started to take off. I am sure some of it had to do with how tired she was, but she was crying and crying. We tried to tell her that it was OK that they were leaving, but it took her awhile to accept this without being too upset...so here is her sad face.
This is my sister Tess. I think this picture explains her a lot...Love ya little sis!!!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Looks like a fun day. Love the pictures!

Tamie said...

i am so glad that you guys went down there to see that. someday we will take the boys--i know that they would love it!
tess is such a cutie! i hope that she's enjoying rexburg :)

valumama said...

what a fun day!!! Garden of the Gods is beautiful isn't it? and so fun to be there for all the balloons take off (well, fun for most, poor Kambria.)