Monday, October 20, 2008

Kambria potty training...and other things

I have to admit that I thought potty training Kambria was going to be difficult and that I would be cleaning up a lot of "messes." Well except for the occasional wet panties...she is doing EXCELLENT!!! We have been very fortunate. We went shopping yesterday and she was dry the entire 3 hour stretch!!! On the car ride home she said, "I have to go potty," but since we were just in the car I said she had to hold it and she did!!! It was AMAZING to me. She has only been potty training for 1 1/2 weeks!!! She is even going #2 too!!! The past 2 days we have not had a wet or messy diaper!!! It took sitting with her for an hour for her to go the first time, but after that it is about 15 minutes of singing songs and reading books and then she goes. It is great!!! Like I have said before...I am spoiled!...well in some areas....

Kambria is not behaving so well in nursery...it is from 12:30 to 2pm so it is right during lunch and her regular nap time. She is very active as it is, but this time is her worst!!! So the nursery leader very kindly asked what we do when she gets aggressive...I didn't really know what to say...I count to 3 and then spank her? Well things have been going better because I am paying attention what I do when she is being naughty...And on top of that Kambria is slowly learning what it means to share and take turns. She just has not had enough play dates to really spend time knowing "friends" and really learning. But today she had a friend come over while MaryEllen had a presidency meeting and this way I could regulate how she played. She had a couple of hard times when I had to remove her from the situation and put her in time out, which is her bedroom, but it seemed to work and she did fairly good. Maybe I should do more play dates??? well maybe once we have our own place... we will see. But all in all I am spoiled to have a very smart, energetic and fun loving little girl!! I love my Kambria!!!

We got some new play dough at the store the other day and she is learning how to use scissors to cut the play dough...I just hope she does not find real scissors!!! But I guess it is quite the skill to learn and Kambria is doing great at it!!! I am blessed!!!

4 comments:

Sarah and Nate said...

I'm jealous! I thought that I was ready to start potty training Hannah, we made it a big deal and went and bought some big girl underwear and all, and I gave up! Nate and I decided to wait til Jan, after Christmas travelling and then he can be home more to help! Hopefully we have more success this time!

valumama said...

good luck on the training... we thought we were doing good at first, now we are not doing so well. (not that you will have the same experience)
we are a bit of a bully here too... maybe we need to get these girls together to duke it out a bit :), we would love to have you and your family over for a play date!

Brittney and Michael said...

We're in exactly the same boat with the aggressive/ not wanting to share behavior. It's enough to make me want to cry some days, but alas they are two. Mike and I do (secretly of course) occasionally get a kick out of watching her wamp another kid. Congrats on the potty training - we're still working on that one:)

Kristy said...

Potty training is a huge step for kids. You are doing a great job with her. They say girls are easier to potty train than boys. I guess you'll find out in a few years.