Tuesday, February 03, 2009

late christmas letter

SO we sent some out...but the majority gets it through our blog...and YES it is late, but I wanted to post it since I did get it done...it was done by the middle of january, but I am just getting around to posting it now...


Dear family and Friends,
We can hardly believe another year has flown by so we would like to share with all of you some of the things that our family has experienced this year.

Weston D Fairbanks was born August 7, 2008. He weighed in at 10 lbs 1 oz with a length of 21in!!! We had NO idea he was going to be that big, but we are grateful for modern day medicine that allowed him to be delivered cesarean section. The joke around here is that he had to be that big to survive his sister! His scheduled date was for August 5, 2008, but due to Eliza getting a fever for no reason, and not being able to get rid of it for a couple of days, the doctors said it would be best if we waited until August 7th for delivery. Too bad he wasn’t born on 8-8-08…but we decided it was not worth it to wait another day and we are glad we didn’t! We love having him as a part of the family!

This year has been a great one for Kambria. She has gotten to live with both sets of grandparents and live in Chicago. She loved seeing all the trains (the L Train) and had so many experiences at all the museums in Chicago. She has expanded her vocabulary and now talks in full sentences. Some of her phrases are ones that she hears all the time. For example, “What’s your problem mom?” or “For heaven sakes!” Just goes to show mom’s phrases too!! She now sleeps in a big girl bed. She does very well. She became a big sister (this explains having to have a big girl bed)! And LOVES her brother…sometimes a little too much. Kambria has also been potty trained!!! That has been quite an accomplishment. She started when she was only 18 months, but due to so many moves it was postponed for a while. Once we were finally settled in our new home, she did very well.

After several months of online classes and moving to Chicago for 10 weeks, Bryan graduated from Northwestern University with his certificate in Prosthetics. After Weston was born we moved back to Fort Collins to look for a residency. It took us a while, but Bryan was finally offered a position in Windsor, CO!! What a blessing to be able to stay in Colorado. Bryan had been looking in Maryland and Michigan and to find one so close to home was truly a miracle! Thank goodness this one came through; we had been offered a position in Casper, WY and were set to go look for housing when Joe called and said he wanted us in Windsor!! Colorado is so much better than Wyoming! We moved into our own little rental house; 3bd, 2bath, 1car garage and a little backyard. We have loved being in our own place again and Kambria and Weston even have their own rooms! We love Windsor and the people we have met. Our ward is great and welcomed us with open arms.

I love being a mom and having my own place to decorate again!! This year was quite the year for patience. I was pregnant and moved 5 times…But I endured it and loved all the wonderful experiences I had. Chicago was a wonderful place to explore, but I was so glad to come back home to Colorado. I am so grateful for Weston and the joy he has brought into our lives. I can not believe I am a mom to 2 kids already! They are wonderful kids and I am so blessed to have them in my life. Bryan and I also got to travel to Canada shortly after Weston was born to attend Bryan’s aunt’s 50th wedding anniversary celebration. It was a fun time and we were glad that we got to go. So Kambria and Weston have both travelled “internationally.”

So that has been our exciting year of 2008!!! We have enjoyed the many experiences (joys and trials) this year. We are truly blessed by having you as friends and family. Thank you for being a part of our lives.

Love,
Bryan, Eliza, Kambria & Weston

6 comments:

Heather said...

Fun letter. You are right, better late than never. Now you'll have it forever etched in.... blogland I suppose.

Shelby said...

Your family is amazing and I love that the christmas news letter is a little late. I just updated my blog since october. I love that you blog so I can check in on you guys every once and a while. Miss ya Love Shelby

Shelby said...

p.s. I don't know if you have our Blog address shelbyteeples.blogspot.com hope you can remember that.

Jackie B. said...

lovely letter. Better late then never.

Kristy said...

I love the letter and the new blog design. You sound so happy. I miss you and your family.

valumama said...

wow, that was all in one year! I am exhausted just reading about it.
I LOVE your family pictures, beautiful family!