Tuesday, September 19, 2006


Well, a lot of things and ideas have happened within the last 48 hours. It looks like we will not be moving to Iowa, at least for now. Bryan has decided that he is not sure about being a chiropractor and wants to pursue becoming an optometrist. We are looking into it and will probably be going forward for it for now. It has been VERY emotional both for Bryan and for me trying to figure out how o go forward with a new plan in life. So we have talked thins over and over again about how we go forward. I just cant see living in my in-laws basement for the next 4 months. Bryan agrees, but can not see how we can afford to live on our own with just his income.
So I have talked with my mother about the whole situation and tried to come up with some solutions. Bryan is going to have to shadow to find out if optometry is REALLY what he wants to do. My mother has offered her house for living arrangements and so Bryan can find a job in Denver with optometry. I would feel a LOT more comfortable living in my parents basement than I do living in Bryan's parents basement just for the fact that it is my family and my house that I grew up in. I feel a LOT better about that decision and having to wait for 6 months for us to find put about getting into optometry school. I think that I could do that...I just don't know how Bryan will feel about it and I do not want to hut his family by "moving" out of their house to only go to my parents house. SO we will see how the discussion goes tonight with his parents and such. So many decisions in such a small amount of time. Hopefully the next couple of days that I am going to spend with my family like I had previously planned will turn out for the best, to give Bryan some time to sort out thoughts and get some research done.
I love Bryan with all my heart and I know he loves me too. This is just a bump in the road that we are helping each other through. Thank goodness for parents and for their advice, however we have to live our lives and so we ultimately need to make the final decisions. Signing off for now.

1 comment:

PotatoJack said...

Wow, that is a change. I hope you guys feel comfortable with your change of plans. I know things will work out for the best. What a blessing to have family so willing to help out. I agree...i'd feel much better living with my parents...though i love kevin's parents...it's just "different". I'm glad though i might get to come see you if you stay in CO. :)