Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Dont you get bored?

This is the question that my sister asked me the other day since now I just stay at home all day! Wow she just doesn't quite understand what taking care of a kid entails. I think that she just has the idea that babysitting is what it is like. Well to answer her question, no I do not get bored. There are days that I get more done than others, and no I will not get up and going at 6:30 Dad. Although he did apologize for the comment that I should get up that early. Apology accepted. I have always been told to sleep when you child sleeps and to enjoy the "easy" time while I can. That is what I am doing. I will only have one child once. It only gets more hectic form here on out.

So no I do not get bored and yes I am enjoying my "laziness" as some would put it.

On another thought. I loved hearing about my friend Heather's weekend with her young women. I would LOVE to know what else you have done. Since now being called to YW again, I need some ideas of how to connect to these girls. A lot of them have some pretty rough lives and are not to open to getting close to people. Especially leaders. So if anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear about them.

So those are the thoughts for the day.
until next time

4 comments:

Heather said...

Eliza I am an open book, so if you ever want to know something...just ask. I'm sure I'll give you more than you ever wanted to know! I have been in YW for 3 1/2 years now, so its all I know. I taught sunday school for 1 1/2 years before YW and then for about a year I did both!! So I feel like I'm good friends with the YW just because I have been with them forever!

Kristy said...

Enjoy your time relaxing as much as possible. It won't last long like you said. I remember being closest to my young womens leaders who were themselves, not just some older lady preaching to me. They always seemed to know when to listen and when to give advice without being preachie. Some girls that age just need a good friend they can talk to without feeling judged.
You are going to do great with those girls!

Chele said...

hey I have been in yw for about 3 years now and it has been great. I first taught the laurels and then a year ago I was put in as the 2nd counselor. It has been a blast. We just had a valentine's dance fundraiser for girls camp and it was a hit and everyone that came enjoyed it. Anwyays that is great that you are in the yw's I absolutely love it.

Chele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.