Monday, August 06, 2007

Brother came in...

So Brady arrived on Friday night. It was quite the entertainment on my part at least. The first thing was was to find a parking spot in Downtown Denver on a Friday night. We thought we could park in the train depot, but it would have cost $10 and we would have only been there about an hour. So we decided to try and find street parking, for two cars none the less. So Bryan ended up finding one pretty close and pretty fast...then there was my dad. I would find one and go running to try and stand in it until he got there, only to have someone else pull into it before I could get there. FINALLY I got one and then realized I did not have my phone on me or a way to tell him where I was. So I had to give it up and go and find Bryan who had my phone. I was running EVERYWHERE...and I HATE running. Oh well, it finally worked out and he got a parking spot relatively close to the train station!

Then we saw our stake president with about 25 young me dressed in white shirts and ties. Come to find out that they were the priests from our stake and were going to ride the train to Far west and help the missionaries out there. It was quite a sight to see.

So then Brady gets in and it was fun to see him walking out of a train depot!!! Then he had to go searching for his luggage due to the fact that someone told him to leave it there and he would take care of it...they didn't take care of it and so Brady went searching. Good thing too or he would not have had his luggage...there were not even tags on it!!! That would have been bad.

So then we went to Cold Stone ice cream and visited Tess. It was fun to see her working so hard and good to see her happy. All I want for her is the best...I am glad she enjoys her job and has fun with the people she works with.

So Saturday we went to the parade of homes...there were only 5 to see, but that was PLENTY. Thee houses were priced around 2.6 million and were OUTRAGEOUS!! They were very unrealistic for any "normal" person. There were more TV's in the house than there were rooms and one had a backyard pool with a swim up bar. Fun to see, but not realistic at all. Then we came home and took a nap and then went over to nelson and Leah's house for a BBQ and a swim in their community pool. The BBQ was fun but when it came time to go for a swim it was cloudy. We got in and not but a minute later there was lightening and so we had to get out. Nice swim huh? Too bad. It turned out for the better, but Bryan and I were a little bummed. Maybe we could go for a swim sometime soon. We have not been to a pool in over a year. We went when I was prego, but that was the last time. The lake in Canada was too cold to really play in with Kambria and all she has ever done is the little pool in front of the house. So maybe soon, maybe tonight, we could go. We will see. Everyone else is going to see the Borne Ultimatum on the big screen, but since Bryan has to work early in the morning we decided not go to, plus who would watch Kambria. I even offered to watch Hayden fro Leah and Nelson, but then she went and asked her mother. Which turns out fine, because then they don't have to drive down here, but a little hurtful that she did not want me to watch him. Oh well.

So Sunday we went down close to Colo Springs to see our good friends Nate and Sarah Pettitt and Hannah for her 1st birthday party. They were in town fro a wedding so her dad and his wife threw Hannah a 1st birthday party. We could not stay long due to Bryan having meetings, but it was fun to see how much Hannah has grown up and how cute she is. We wish they lived closer because I think we would hang out a lot a Kambria could have a little regular friend, but not to be for now. So that was our weekend in a nut shell. i cant wait to get up to the cabin and have a good family reunion. I hope no fighting or quarreling goes on!!! We can hope!!!

4 comments:

Jackie B. said...

Sounds like an eventful weekend. Hope you have a great reunion! With pictures to post too. :)

Heather said...

Enjoy your reunion! I look forward to pictures too!

Anonymous said...

Just so the air is clear, it is a lot closer for Leah and I to drop hayden off her parents house and it costs less in gas for everyone; plus Karen is Hayden's grandma and has first preference. Also hayden can stick to his schedule better when his not in the car for 45 minutes either way....

Tamie said...

hope that the reuinion went well on the lamprecht side. :) ours was very eventful and just plain fun. kind of sorr to see everyone leave, veen though i'm glad to see everyone leave so that we can all get back to normal...it is also good for my mom to have less people in the house. aubs is staying for another week though with her kids...she had to take paul to the airport tonight. good luck with that not arguing with the siblings thing...know how that goes (or doesn't)