Thursday, December 04, 2008

Painting Christmas cookies

We got a TON of snow here today and so I let Bryan take my car to work. (his car has REALLY bad tires, and until we can afford new ones we will just let him use the red car...or Ruby as she is named! ) So we were stuck in the house all day! So instead of being bummed about it, I don't like the snow just yet, we made sugar cookies and Kambria painted them. Yep, I said Painted, not frosted. I saw this idea on another blog and tried it... Since frosting is harder for little ones, it worked fine. The "paint" is egg whites with food coloring. They are not the best looking cookies, but we had fun doing them together. It was Kambria and my time alone together, while Weston took his morning nap. Fun times.






And then when Weston woke up, and Kambria went for her afternoon nap, I decided to take some cute pictures of Weston in his Christmas outfit...hat and all!

This one is my favorite!!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Making christmas cookies is always fun. I like the idea of painting the cookies for little ones.

Jackie B. said...

Weston just looks like THE HAPPIEST BABY EVER!