Thursday, December 04, 2008

Thanksgiving

So it has been a while since thanksgiving, but I am just getting around to posting about it. That is what happens when you have too many other things to do...like finish unpacking and setting up christmas and trying to keep your 2 yr old entertained. But none the less here it is...





We had a wonderful thaknsgiving day with my mom and dad and 20 other people from their ward who would not have had a thanksgiving meal otherwise. So it was not the typical thanksgiving meal that I was used to having...ie the MANY appetizers and punch before the meal, but it was a fun expereince and I am glad that my parents could help these folks out!



Normally we would always go to a movie on Thanksgiving, but since it was just my parents and us for fmaily, we decided to stay home and watch a movie with some of my parents friends...the Youngs. So we watched journey to the center of the Earth...however, it was NOT the new versiona dn was really quite a dumb movie. But still fun to spend time with my parents! And then we played Ticket to Ride after the Youngs left. That was a fun one and Mom actually won this time!!! I was the big time loser of only having 50 points!!! AGH!! Mom won with 151 points! She lapped me!!!

Then we drove home around 8:00 pm. It was a fun day...And then on the way home we looked at the outlet malls in Loveland and no one was there yet. They opened their doors at 11pm that night for the black friday gifts. So at 10:30 I went to the outlets and got myself a FREE pair of diamond stud earrings! That is right FREE!!! There was a coupon in the paper for $50 at Ultra diamonds. I was not sure if you had to buy something or not and so I went to see. It was fun. I just picked out what I wanted and it was worth $50, so they rang it up and gave it to me for free! I was stoked...so that is what I am getting for christmas.
This was all while Bryan stayed at hoem with the kids in bed. Then he got up at 3:30 and went and stood in line at Sam's club for our family present...you will just have to wait and find out what it is!

Then on saturday night Bryan's sister Amanda and his brother scott and his wife Jacqueline and Bryan's parents come over to see our new place. They had not seen it so we had them over for dinner and games. They stayed until abotu 8pm and then went on their way. I was glad they got to see it! It was fun to hear all their comments and thoughts on the decorating...which is minimal right now. But it was fun times!

2 comments:

Tamie said...

awesome job on those earings!
i should have paid more attention (& you should have called me! :))
did you ever guess that your dad and mom would have that many non-family for dinner on thanksgiving?
(the joys of being the bishop of the alameda ward!)
looks like you had tons of fun and are still at it....just waiting to see pictures of the house. :)

Kristy said...

Great find on the earrings. What a neat thing for your parents to do for some of the ward members.