Sunday, October 14, 2007

Day 4 in Chicago

So after a long day the day before, Kambria and I decided we were going to take it easy. So after dropping Bryan off at Evanston campus, we parked the car and walked to the edge most part of campus that we could get to and took this picture. This is how close, really, the campus is to lake Michigan. It truly is an amazing site to see. I am excited when we go back to really roam on the campus...something we did not have a whole lot of time to do.


This is one of the campus buildings. I LOVED all the green ivy on the building. After we went back to the hotel I decided we were going to try and find a park to play at again since Kambria had such a good time. Well I started to drive around and came upon this...

It was quite funny to see the leaning tower of Pisa in Evanston, Illinois! So I had to take a picture. I pulled over, but Kambria had fallen asleep, so I just took it from inside the car...


This is a picture showing that there is polish writing on some of the buildings. When I was showing our pictures to my family, my dad asked to translate the polish for him...um Dad...it says checks cashed...;o)

This is Kambria pointing at a caterpillar she found on the ground. I thought it was too cute to pass up!










Oh mom! I found a new fun toy. It is a pine cone honey! After we played on the play ground we went and picked up Bryan and headed for downtown Chicago again. This time we were experts on the train thing right? well, not exactly! But we got better than the night before!


So we rode the train down, and then walked to the bus stop that would take us out to Navy Pier. We went to the children's museum, which was free on Thursday nights, which is why we went on Thursday night!!! I am all about FREE!!! It was really a neat thing, especially if Kambria was older and really understood what was going on! But even still it was fun to see her interacting with the statues and the other kids. We went through it pretty fast, but Bryan had more fun with it that I think Kambria did at times! That is my husband for you!!!! Got to love him...he is just a big kid!


This is a picture of apartments and a parking lot on the bottom...Bryan and I thought it was quite the setup...all the cars are parking in backwards with only a rope stopping them from plummeting below!


This is the famous house of Blues...just verifying that we did see the sign..we did not go to it though.This is a pictures entering Navy Pier from the bus. not bad eh?This is me and Kambria who is trying to be a brave girl and not be scared of the big furry dog! I think she did OK!From the time Kambria was born we called her our little monkey! She was even a monkey Halloween 2006. She LOVED this monkey when she saw it! That's our little monkey!
Bryan and Kambria...i thought it turned out good!This is kambria playing in the water part of the children's museum. She loved the water...to bad i had to hold her up to get there.These were giant flowers made of plastic type foam stuff...who knows what it really is called!kambria saying bye to dad and she drives off into the sun set! This was just outside, yet still inside the building, of the children's museum. It was a fun place to see in the middle of Chicago! Palm trees none the less, with streaming water overhead.

This is a video of the streaming water.



And the food we ate on Navy Pier... Bryan had a famous Chicago style hot dog, while I had the Dallas dog with onions and cheese only please! The picture makes it look quite disgusting, but it tasted good!The famous Ferris wheel at navy pier.


Just fr kicks and giggles! Bubba Gum Shrimp!This was the end of day 4! we are almost done!

3 comments:

Jackie B. said...

Awesome! Looks like so much fun. I need to go to Chicago! parking those cars would be SO scary!

Heather said...

I want to go too.... come, on! Roommate reunion Chicago Edition...

Eliza said...

I think the roommate reunion would be a blast! I am there!!! ;o) jsut has to be sometime in may or june!