Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A good day...

Well I have been so busy posting about Chicago and trying to get it all documented, I have slacked off on the few happenings this past weekend. Saturday was Nealson's 30th birthday and my 28th was yesterday, and Hayden's is the 23rd. He will be 2~! man how time flies! I remember when he was born and was just a small little thing! so on Saturday we all got together and celebrated. Nelson, Leah, Hayden, Brady and Leah's family went to the circus that morning...but since we are on a budget now...$20 a person was a little too steep for us. So we just waited until Saturday night and then celebrated with them. It was fun to see Hayden excited about his John Deere trucks that my mom gave him and his telephone and key too... Kambria was trying to take them away from him so we had to go get her set of keys and phone that Nate ans Sarah gave her for her 1st birthday. It was cute to see the two of them playing together.

Nelson and Leah gave me some books about Chicago and Illinois so I could learn lots more! I thought it was a great idea! And we gave Nelson a gift certificate to Chili's...we figured he might need it once the twins are born! And we gave Hayden a cute little boys church outfit! It had a clip on tie and vest. We thought it was too cute to pass up! It was a good and fun celebration!

Then on Sunday, Kambria and I woke up with Bryan's cold. Only ours was pretty bad. So we stayed home from church and rested! It was a good thing...Kambria would have been a cranky kid!

And then yesterday...my birthday. It was a good day, but as you get older your birthdays are not quite the same. They turn out to be just another day. Bryan was really cute all day and kept wishing me happy birthday. It was what made the whole day. Brady and and Mom and Dad wished me happy birthday too. I guess Tess forgot or did not think it was that important since we celebrated it on Saturday. Oh well. I even got a text message from Bryan's sister Lisa! I was surprised she even remembered, which made it even better. Thanks Lisa!!! And Don and MaryEllen called and wished me happy birthday too! I felt LOVED by my in-laws!
So to celebrate my "big day" Bryan and I went to Chili's while we left Kambria with my Mom and Dad. It was nice to be alone. Then we came back home and played the 1910 version of Ticket to Ride with Mom and Dad. I won! my record best of 189 points! Bryan still wins with a record of 200, but I came closer. It was a fun night. So that in an egg shell was my 28th birthday...like I said, as you get older the day becomes more "normal." No complaints here.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Wait till next year when Kambria will wish you happy b-day and get excited for you! The days get their excitement back then!!

Jackie B. said...

I did think about you yesterday and it being your b-day. I shouldn't have said something. HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!!

Jackie B. said...

i mean...i SHOULD have said something. lol.

Chele said...

Hey so I am retarded! I am asuming that you guys are moving to Chicago is that right? Sounds like you had a great time in Chicago.

kahluakitty said...

Happy belated birthday, sweetie! :)

valumama said...

Happy Birthday! what a fun day.
Sounds like you will always have so many things to do in Chicago! I am glad your trip was so fun, that you were already able to make a decision. It has been so fun seeing all the things you did. Thanks for sharing... although I am still waiting for the rest of the flat tire story, you said there was more to come...

Eliza said...

Thanks all for the birthday wishes.
heather---I cant wait for kambria to wish me hapy birthday...then excitement will be back!
And yes Chele--we are moving to Chicago, but not until april sometime.

Tamie said...

happy b-day....it is difficult to keep track of all the people that you know, and when it is. whew!
28...you're so old!!! :) it is true, b-days' aren't that exciting as you get older. all your excitement is held in check for your kids...your spouse really has to make it something special and different for your day to be different in any way....the life of a wife and mother. :P