Monday, October 22, 2007

the weekend...

Well, Time out for women went well. After talking with my mom about it, she thought she would not do it again. It did seem long for both of us...I think if I were to do it again, i would just do Friday night. I enjoyed that a lot more than I enjoyed Saturday. I do have to admit that there were some answered prayers though...one example was the a girl named Sabrena who Bryan knew up in Fort Collins came up to me and asked if I was Bryan's wife. I of course said yes and we exchange a few words...one happened to be that she lives in Denver now and works for the state under medicaid!!! WHAT an answer when I have been struggling to find someone who can talk to me about it and see what they can do to help...NOW I have a personal contact who even LIKES me!!! She even said so herself...I started to get a little teary eyed when I knew she was an answer...I would have NEVER gone up and said hello to her since I really did not know her...so when I got teary eyed, she said I knew I always liked you!!! I told her she was an answer to our prayers and she said she was glad to help. I called her today and she is sending paperwork my way! I am excited to see how it all goes! Come Nov 1, we are no longer insured, which is NOT a good thing. So I hope this happens fast, but with good results!!!



Another thing that happened at time out for women was that I learned how to be a better homemaker and friend to my siblings and parents...esp, my mother. it was good to go with her and I had a fun time hanging with her! Thanks mom!



While I was at time out for women, Bryan went to Fort Collins and came up with a budget with his dad to see how much of the federal loans and such we will need to be taking. I was surprised to see how we can REALLY do this financially! I am thankful to Don and his expertise on finances and for helping Bryan and myself understand it all. I have not done this loan thing before and it just goes to show how much I REALLY don't know! Btu things are looking good and I am excited to get going on Bryan's schooling! i am sure it will be tough, but well worth it! The count down has begun! Bryan even said last night that he is getting "trunky" for work to be done. For all you who do not understand missionary lingo, that means he is ready for work to be done! he just does not want to have to get up at 5 every morning anymore...he will just have a different type of work.



So that is my ramblings for today!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed TOFW. I haven't been, but maybe someday. Glad to know you are feeling more comfortable with the schooling- it will be worth it.

Kristy said...

Sounds like the weekend was worth being away from Bryan and Kambria if it means you found a great connection. Good Luck!